Experience the Difference!
Join us for piano or organ study at Shorter University for two weeks in June. Pianists will receive first-rate instruction from Shorter’s nationally-known keyboard faculty.
Each week you’ll have five private lessons* where you can polish a performance piece and learn new repertoire. Recitals at the end of each week offer opportunities to perform for family and friends, including all the new friends you’ll make at camp. There will be plenty of practice time, but expect to learn in mini-classes of Theory, Piano Ensemble Class, and in workshops such as Improvisation, Performance-Stress Management, Relaxation Techniques and Accompanying.
Keyboardists entering the 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th grades can enroll…we also accept college-bound students who want a jump-start on their college experience. It’s a great opportunity to meet other keyboardists your age with similar interests from many different places!
* You may request five additional half-hour lessons at an additional charge.
Private lessons and classroom training are offered for intermediate higher level keyboardists.
- Classes in music theory, history, and ear training
- Physical activities to help you develop a healthy body…vital for all performers
- Collaborative performance opportunites…playing four-hands repertoire or accompanying singers…improving sight-reading and listening skills…of utmost importance to keyboardists
- Sing in a chorus lead by our distinguished choral faculty and play in the hand bell choir
- Attend exceptional faculty concerts
- Enhance your musical network and create important relationships with teachers, colleagues and friends